21 October 2016

Out & About

Hi Friends

The year is skipping by way too fast, so I thought best get in an update before its gone. 

JulieAnn & I had another wonderful getaway to Tumut for a weekend of stitching & friendship. Thankfully we went when we did, these past weeks the Caravan Park has flooded....eek!!


QWE JA & LG
This view never disappoints: no filters - just natural beauty
Tumut River 
                                                

A very friendly Magpie enjoying a Treat


JulieAnn spent HOURS on these sawtooth borders - sew much work in their preparation
& completion

Onto what I got up to: a project that has been floating around in my head to use some of the beautiful Toiles I have collected.


These show my thought process of what "will be"

Pictures all selected, cut into circles and their placement.

Hexies in progress



Little Sparrow had some time spent on her.


Beautiful Butterflies

That would be me! Another project packed away for a very long time.
Expressions of Morris
I was very excited to find I'd even started the prep work!

Other happenings this month was my son Samuel's (Sam) 24th birthday. Love to see him smile...we've been down a hard road. So very proud of how far he has come.


Sam and his Nanny (my Mum of 84) with the cake I made - a feast of chocolate

Lola has had an upgrade, I got myself a new bigger red ride
I am super impressed & love my Mazda


On a drive about the place I had to stop & take photos of the Canola Fields. The bright yellow is also so cheery and reminds me of a beautiful friend....



And of course Angus can't be left out: here he is enjoying the sunshine 



My Beautiful Granddaughter Miller at 8 months of age
I miss her terribly.


Last weekend JulieAnn & I had a mini roadtrip to the Boree Creek Quilters Exhibition. Boree Creek is a little farming town in the region.

The local ladies have been hard at work; its lovely to see other peoples works and
their different styles

This Quilt was really beautiful; made up of all bits and pieces including lace,
crochet and doilies



Lots of colour here
 I really wanted to see right side of the quilt these pillows were sitting on,
but that was not to be. 










A Favourite: Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses

Christmas is in the Air; some clever ladies!!
A few sights on the trip home




I had to get JulieAnn to stop to allow me to take this: The Rock NSW Australia
(where JA lives)
Beautiful scenery with the Canola fields in front.

More work on Little Sparrow: another piece completed (except for touch of embroidery)

Also part of LS, 12 of these babies.

Prep work underway to complete 13 of these; all hand pieced.

Well bloggers that will have to be it for this update, I'm having trouble with formatting. I hope you enjoyed the scenery.

Take care, wherever you may be
Til next Time; Happy Stitching

Linda xx


No comments:

Post a Comment