14 April 2014

The Weekend That Was.. Fabulous

Hello Again, another post from me, this must be a record.

I just have to update you on our weekend trip to Talbingo with the ladies - it was sew very good for the soul. I am having a few extra days off before Easter and am definitely in relax mode. Angus my cat coped quite well without me, but I was most definitely not allowed to go anywhere with him sleeping most of the night, if not on top of me...very very close.

Everyone had a most relaxing time, some did a little, some did heaps! Here are some photos.

 
Peace & Tranquility in The Mountains
 
Wine O' Clock

My Big Effort: French Mosaic (Karen Cunningham design) top is COMPLETE with Mitred border. It was my first effort & boy did that take some work! I am really happy with the result.

These two are Judy's: the one above for her Grandson.
And her fairy quilt which has made many trips to Talbingo finished at last.

 
Dinner...and it was yum!
 
JulieAnn hard at work on Florence. Lots of borders added; it just grew & grew
 
Florence (Susan Smith design) ready to stitch stars & paisley's (aka teardrops & apostrophe's). This really is beautiful, one I'd like to add to the list. JulieAnn has quite a few projects on the go, sorry I didn't get a few more photos JA.
 
I took Irish Circles (Karen Cunningham design) with me, its been along time. Stitched some rings, then had a look at what I've done so far. You can tell how long its been packed away by the creases. Another whole round of blocks, then borders to go, that makes it sound so simple doesn't it!


A little bit of prepping

Back onto Challenge quilt, feeling a bit starry eyed, but a plan in mind now for the way forward.
 
And this is Angus, a happy cat with Mum home.
 
Wishing you all a Safe & Happy Easter.
 
Til next time
 
Linda
xx

 
 
 

 

 




3 comments:

  1. What a great pictures of your projects. Love seeyng the irish circle. I also have that pattern, but haven't start yet. First I want to do little sparrows in a week or two because I'm almost done with my baskets for the baskets for you of Sue Daley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your French Mosaic quilt top turned out wonderful!
    I love your Irish Circles quilt and seeing how it's progressing along!
    Such a precious picture of Angus too.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both ladies for your comments. Carin, both JulieAnn & I also have Sue Daley's baskets on the go. Sounds like we have very similar taste in styles. Irish Circles has been on the backburner, but now definitely invigorated to keep going. If you are on Instagram find me at lmg065 & you will find Susan Smith (and a lot of other really talented ladies) to follow & see their amazing work. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete